Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 3

MSCI index price level update time

Hi,
I am downloading via the API MSCI price index at close. Given that is done via python job kicked at particular time of the day I was wondering at what time the MSCI Index price level (EOD) were available on Eikon.

i.e. I have a job running at 22.30 UK time to retrieve the MSCI ACWI price level at close using the function TR.ClosePrice

Supposing I run that on Monday at the above hr, will I then get the close price of Monday or the close price of Friday?

If I will get the close price of Friday, could you then please let me know at what time I should run the job to get the close as of Monday?

If makes a difference, I am using the API via xls COM add in to retrive the prices

Thanks

eikonprice-update
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @fabio.agostini

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@fabio.agostini

You need to contact the Eikon content support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify the update time of TR.ClosePrice of MSCI Index.

You may use the TR.ClosePrice.Date field to retrieve the date of the closed price.

1642477012363.png

1642477012363.png (10.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.