question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 4

StarterConsumer_Post - Error

Hi,

I am trying to run the sample StarterConsumer_Post program to post some data to a test RIC we have setup. I am able to connect to our service and get the information but when I try to post I get the error described below

"A37: Cannot support on-stream posting for services which do not support posting."

There are other apps that are able to post data to this RIC using Eikon/Excel. I am using RFA JAVA 7.2.0.E1.all. Any help on what I can check to see the reason for this issue?

Thanks

treprfarfa-apiposting
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @RKN

The error can be found when the application tries to do on-stream post(post content on data stream) but the server does not support on-stream posting.

Hence, you should use off-stream posting instead; post content on login stream.

To set StarterConsumer_Post to do off-stream posting, set type=offstream in post_input.txt as example below:

name=TEST.BK service=API_ATS1_4 type=offstream part=single sequence=false id=true PE=2336 UseRefreshLock=false ack=true userRightsMask=create attrib=attribInfo attribData=false payload=update_msg payloadMsgAttrib=attribInfo payloadMsgAttribData=false payloadMsgPayload=data

For more detail of Posting, please refer to RFA Java Developers Guide

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @RKN

RFA JAVA 7.2.0.E1 has been end of life and no longer supported. Please refer to API Compatibility Matrix that shows supported products compatibility. We suggest you upgrade RFA Java which included latest fix. The package can be found here

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.