question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 11 17 18

Contribution C# Sample

Hi,

Are we able to contribute data using C# (I already have the VBA Sample) ? If yes is there any C# Sample for data contribution ?

Thank you

eikoneikon-com-apic#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @nabil.hassoumi

Yes, you can use AdfinX Real-Time COM library in C# applications to perform contributions. I have an example, which I'll be happy to share with you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nabil.hassoumi,

You shoudl have a look at the "Tutorial 4 - Real-time Data Contribution - AdxRtContribute" in the COM APIs for use in Microsoft Office API page. It's written in VB not C#, but it should give you a good hint on how you can use this API for sending contributions.

Hi Alex,

Would you be able to provide me this sample as well, I have a client wanting to contribute (DTS/Local) using C#

And would you by any chance have a RIC creation code sample as well, I reckon all you need to do is to assign the respective parameters to the below

{

Rt_Contrib.Source = Source;

Rt_Contrib.ItemName = Ric;

Rt_Contrib.Contribute(oFieldNameArray, oFieldValueArray);

}

Where the parameters would be something like the below

Source would be DTS

RIC would be DTS_INSERT_S

oFieldNameArray would be {"X_RIC_NAME","TRDPRC_1"}
oFieldValueArray would be {"MYNEWRIC",0}

Cheers

Leszek

Please provide sample code / working examples for .net (C#) also.
It would be great is anybody can please give url for API / code sample from where I can find the solution.
Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

Alex's answer is correct, but AFAIK the AdfinX Real-Time COM library is a desktop API. What this is means is that your application will be tied to the desktop. And it will require an installation of Eikon on that desktop.

If your aim is to create some kind of thingy that will run on a server and send contributions from there then you are better off using something like RFA .NET edition.

Without having tried AdfinX Real-Time COM Library I'm guessing it is a lot simpler to use than the server side APIs simply because the config/setup is already done for you and these desktop APIs aren't normally made for high performance so a lot of complexity can be removed from API. The server side APIs are are lot more versatile but also have a steeper learning curve. Your choice.

icon clock
10 |1500

Can you provide a simple example of contribution using RFA.NET? Thanks
Upvotes
1 1 3 6

The contribute function is a void. Is there way to know if the contribution was successful?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.