Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Filtering via Date

Hi all.

I have the following problem:

I try to find monthly Company Market Cap data for different countries for a project I am currently involved in. I am using the Screener function in Excel Eikon and set up the following function:

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.HQCountryCode,""IN""), TR.MarketCapLocalCurn(SDate=2021-12-01)>0, CURN=USD)";"TR.CommonName;TR.CommonName;TR.HeadquartersCountry;TR.IssuerTickerCode;TR.ExchangeTicker;TR.SEDOLCode;"&"TR.ISIN;TR.ISINCode;TR.CUSIPExtended;TR.CUSIPCode;TR.MarketCapLocalCurn(SDate=2021-01-01,EDate=2021-12-01,Frq=AM),TR.MarketCapLocalCurn(SDate=2021-01-01,EDate=2021-12-01,Frq=AM).date/*Market Cap L*/";"curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd")

It works most of the time and gives me monthly data for the year 2021. But when I try to apply this function to some larger data sets e.g. India, I run into the problem that the filter also gives me data for the years 2017-2019 which is obvisously not what I want. Is there any opportunity that I can fix this problem? Using an additional filter over date does not solve it and since I am not used to work with Eikon, this problem already took me too much time.

I appreciate every idea.

Kind regards

Lauritz

eikonexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS> Looking -SH

<AHS>

moved this question into the Eikon Data API forum

hi @lauritz.storch

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question or could you provide the information required for further investigation, please?

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
884 4 2 8

Hi @lauritz.storch,

Can you try this to replicate on the Screener app on Eikon/Workspace and confirm if there also you are facing the same issue?

However, this forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

Also, the best resource for the content questions is the Eikon support team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitv. The support team will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

In this case, I have open a case number 10919285 on behalf of you and the support team will contact you via separate email thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @lauritz.storch ,

Eikon Data API developers forum, as advised by @Shadab Hussain, is intended for and will be most helpful to you with questions about Eikon Data API usage.

From you question, I understand that you are looking for help with using Eikon Screener tool to populate the screened content into Eikon Excel.

The best course of action would be to contact Eikon support experts directly, via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Product-> Eikon to obtain help with Screener usage.

Hope you are able to proceed as suggested, you may need to obtain additional information from your university leadership, to engage with Eikon Helpdesk online.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.