question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

RFA c++ total subscribed items

Is there a way to get the count of total subscribed items?

If my application has subscribed x RICs, is there a function call that I can get total subscribed RICS?

rfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @diego.cepeda ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @diego.cepeda ,

There is no subscription count function provided by RFA API.

When an item is subscribed, the item handle is returned. A consumer should retain the handle during the lifetime of the subscription.

A consumer wishing to unsubscribe an item needs to have the handle to the item, in order to unsubscribe, to pass the handle into the call to unregister the interest in the item.

Therefore, by counting handles retained, a consumer is always able to know it's subscription count.

If you are designing a new consumer application, I would suggest to use the new and continuously improving Refinitiv Real-Time SDK APIs: C/C++ Edition rather then RFA C++ that is, at present, a feature-complete API remaining supported in it's latest versions only.

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.