question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 6 8 9

Datagrid data does not refresh in the same time as Quote pluggin data

Hi,

I am using App Studio web sdk, and I am extracting some data both by using the Quote pluggin and the datagrid (for the TR fields). However, I noticed there is a delay in displaying the data that comes from datagrid and I would like to refresh before displaying anything on the screen, so that all data is present before loding. Is there a way to do that in JET?

Second, I would like to open Eikon messanger from a link in my code. Could you please tell me what is the code for making RM pop up? I looked on JET examples, opening an app, but I don't know what is the URL for the RM. Please let me know if you need further details.

Many thanks in advance, Raluca

eikoneikon-app-studiorefresh
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 8 13

The quote plug-in gets a stream in real-time and usually caches its data so will almost always be faster than querying the Datagrid for historical information. The Datagrid might not have the data you requested in cache and might have to wait for the server component to retrieve it from storage.

You will have to manage storing real-time quotes in some kind of hash table yourself in your quote.onUpdate() function until you know you have received all the Datagrid information first.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13 6 8 9

Hi,

Thank you, I will try to implement your suggestion and let you know if it worked.

Regarding second question, is there a way to launch Reuters messanger from code ? For example, I want to have a link that will launch the RM. Is that possible?

Many thanks again fro your help,

Raluca

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 8 13

I am not sure if EM is an app. If it is, you can use JET.navigate function to launch it. For example:

JET.navigate({

url: “EM url”

})

Will get back to you one way or the other if there is a URL for EM / RM

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 8 13

Try this in your code:

JET.navigate({url:"reuters://Messenger/verb=Show"});
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 6 8 9

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the code above and in fact it opened a black Eikon explorer window. I am not sure if is right :)

I managed to correlate the diplay time of real time data with data coming from datagrid, so please consider the matter closed. I just set a timeout and seems to work, at least for the moment.

Thank you for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

I previously posted a suggestion here, which upon closer look proved to produce strongly undesired behavior. It launches a separate instance of Eikon Messenger from the one user may already be running, which will no doubt confuse the user. Similarly, if Eikon Messenger is already launched using the method I described, and the user clicks on Messenger icon in Eikon Toolbar, this will launch a separate instance of Eikon Messenger. Eikon Messenger is designed to have only one instance of the app running. Each new instance triggers a sign-in process and will sign off previously launched instance.

So, sorry, but this suggestion is not in fact a solution at all. I'm afraid I cannot think of any good way of launching Eikon Messenger from JET.

Hi @ichim_raluca,

To launch Eikon Messenger you can do the following.

1. Using JET Settings plug-in read the value of COMMON.MESSENGER.URL setting. E.g.

var settingData = {
			providerName: "Configuration",
			settingName: "COMMON.MESSENGER.URL"
		};
JET.Settings.read(LaunchEikonMessenger, settingData);

2. Using Eikon Messenger URL requested in the previous step launch Eikon Messenger app.

function LaunchEikonMessenger(value) {
	JET.navigate({url:value})
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 6 8 9

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help. Above code worked.

Raluca

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.