State: {
      Stream: 'Closed',
      Data: 'Suspect',
      Code: 'Error',
      Text: 'GEDTC-555213, unknown to system.'
    }
  }
]

I am getting an error after sending a request to web socket.
What should I do?

websockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

I have checked the GEDTC-555213, it is the client's UUID. According to the Eikon Admin page (1 and 2), this user does not have any associated products with the account.

Hello @seoyounpark

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @seoyounpark

Are you trying to connect to Refinitiv Real-Time Optimised (RTO - our cloud-based system) or a local deployed server (ADS)?

I have seen the above error when the ADS server does not recognise the local username.

Have you tried using one of our Websocket API examples to ensure you are sending the correctly formatted credentials as part of your login request?
websocket-api/Applications/Examples at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api · GitHub
Use an example in the RDP folder if trying to connect to RTO.

If you are attempting to connect to RTO using an example from the above RDP folder and you are seeing the above error, then this could be an issue with the RTO server you are connecting to. In this instance, I recommend you raise a ticket with the RTO support team who can diagnose the issue on the RTO servers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ws.onopen = (event) => {
    console.log("connected");

ws.send(JSON.stringify(
      {
        Domain: "Login",
        ID: 1,
        Key: {
          NameType: "AuthnToken",
          Elements: {
            AuthenticationToken: data.access_token,
            Position: 'my ip address'
          }
        },
        Refresh: false
      }
    ));

}

this is the code that I've run, I apologize for a poor question, I forgot to add my current code to question.

If I try the node example code

new WebSocket(WS_URL, "tr_json2", {'headers':{'Cookie':"AuthToken=" + authToken + ";AuthPosition=" + position + ";applicationId=" + appId +";"}});

Then I instantly lose connection after connection has established with code 1006

Should I raise a ticket?

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @seoyounpark

Thanks for providing the code snippet, however, can you please confirm which specific example you are actually using and if your objective is indeed to connect to Refinitiv Real-time Optimised or not?

Is GEDTC-555213 the MachineID/username you are using as part of the login parameters? If so, this does not match the normal MachineID format which should look something like -
GE-A-01101234-2-2345

Or are you a Refinitiv Real-time Contribution Channel customer and trying to connect to RCC?

icon clock
10 |1500

I couldn't add a long comment here so I leave a answer with explanation of current situation. please check it
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @seoyounpark,

Looks like you are a Refinitiv Real Time Optimized customer, getting started in Refinitiv Websocket API, as suggested and discussed by @umer.nalla.

If this is correct, and this is what you are trying to do, you should have received a welcome email, with the Refinitiv machineID assigned to you, sent to your registered email address?

If this is the case, would suggest to review and follow Quick Start - Connecting to Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized.

The 3 key pieces of information described in Quickstart that you will require are:

• machineId - from your personal email welcome letter
  • password- self-createdd, the link to select it is in the welcome letter
  • clientID - self-created, the link to generate it using AppKey tool, that is in Quickstart guide or in your welcome letter

Quickstart guide also links to downloadable example python code on GitHub that will save you time and effort to get started smoothly without requiring to create code.

Otherwise, please describe what you are trying to achieve, where you are in the process and which example code/material you are looking at, as suggested by @umer.nalla

icon clock
10 |1500

I can't add a comment here so I added a comment below

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Yes, I am a RTO customer and I am trying to send login info to web socket api so that I can move further.

I do have Machine ID which was attached to welcome email,
and also created a client-id with Eikon Data API, Side by Side API, EDP API enabled. ( As far as I understood, App Key is the client id right?)

When I send a post request to "https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token" for auth token, It returns a valid access_token. ( Verified response in both postman and nodejs )

But when I send login data to "wss://ap-southeast-1-aws-1-sm.optimized-pricing-api.refinitiv.net:443/WebSocket"

ws.send(JSON.stringify(
      {
        Domain: "Login",
          NameType: "AuthnToken",
          Elements: {
            ApplicationId: 256,
            AuthenticationToken: data.access_token,
            Position: localIPAddress
          }
        },
        Refresh: false
      }
    ));

I get a following error of

[
  {
    Type: 'Status',
    Domain: 'Login',
      Name: 'AQIC5wM2LY4SfcwBkwxmEUyM0gsoT7v%2F45YV1v7ArRd0c8I%3D%40AAJTSQACMjAAAlNLABM3ODE1MjU4NDA0NTE5MTQ1Mjk4AAJTMQACMzQ%3D%23'
    },
    State: {
      Stream: 'Closed',
      Data: 'Suspect',
      Code: 'Error',
      Text: 'GEDTC-555213, unknown to system.'
    }
  }
]

So GEDTC-55213 is neither my client Id or macine Id

I have done exactly same as tutorial. But why am I seeing this error?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @seoyounpark

As per my earlier suggestion, I recommend you raise a ticket with the Refinitiv Real-Time Optimised support team who can diagnose the issue on the RTO server

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @seoyounpark ,

It is good to confirm that you are able to generate a valid authentication token with your assigned credentials.

Have you had a chance to raise a ticket with RRTO support, as suggested by @umer.nalla?

If this is still relevant:

Did you have a chance to go through Quick Start - Connecting to Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized and run one of the linked examples that show connecting to RRTO. If you are confortable with python I would run market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py from GitHub -> Websocket -> RDP -> Python or the analogous starter discovery example in another available language option.

Using service discovery example allows to make sure that you are connecting to the correct per your permissioning, as well as the most available endpoint. It may also be helpful to share the output from the example being run, so we can try to learn more.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.