question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

What does status ITEM_STALE mean?

I have a production and test trep service which I am querying with the ids restful service. When I run the same query in production the status returned is OK but in test the status is ITEM_STALE. It seems to happen on and off, but the ITEM stale status is effecting our processing because we are assuming it is not good. Could someone explain were that status comes from and if there is a way to fix it.

trep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ssweeney

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @ssweeney

Does your connection diagram look like this "RTDS (TREP) -- RSSL--> IDS --> Consumer"?

If so, can you use the RTDS testclient tool to connect to the TEST RTDS directly, then request the same RIC from the same Service? This helps compare the results from RTDS and IDS when the problem occurs.

Is there any disconnection between RTDS and IDS? Does the IDS service UP?

I highly recommend you contact the IDS support team directly via the https://my.refinitiv.com/ website (please select the "Refinitiv Data Management System - Internet Delivery Server" product).

ids-support.png

ids-support.png (14.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @ssweeney,

You will have to check the IDS logs to see why it thinks the item is stale. You do mention a test service. What is feeding this test service? Is it some provider application, which is going down after a while.

An item stale message can be given for a variety of reasons, and remote service not being available can be one of them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.