question

Upvotes
Accepted
68 2 6 5

HistoricalChainResolution - Returns Invalid RICs as "Valid"

I am trying to search individual RICs from a Chain RIC by using HistoricalChainResolution.

Then found that retuned list of RICs actually contains Invalid RICs as well ( while status indicates "Valid" )

For instance, Below request will return bunch of individual RICs.

Request :

URL : { {protocol}}{ {host}}{ {api}}Search/HistoricalChainResolution

Body:

{

"Request": {

"ChainRics": [

"0#CDSBNKJPR="

],

"Range": {

"Start": "2022-05-01T00:00:00.000Z",

"End": "2022-05-16T00:00:00.000Z"

}

}

}

Return

{

"@odata.context": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(DataScope.Select.Api.Search.HistoricalChainInstrument)",

"value": [

{

"Identifier": "0#CDSBNKJPR=",

"IdentifierType": "ChainRIC",

"Source": "",

"Key": "VjF8MHgzMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwfDB4MzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMHx8fHx8fHwwI0NEU0JOS0pQUj18",

"Description": "Historical Chain",

"InstrumentType": "Unknown",

"Status": "Valid",

"Constituents": [

{

"Identifier": "AOZR10YUSAC=R",

"IdentifierType": "Ric",

"Source": "",

"Key": "VjF8MHgzMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwfDB4MzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMHx8fHx8fHxBT1pSMTBZVVNBQz1SfA",

"Description": "Historical Instrument",

"InstrumentType": "Unknown",

"Status": "Valid",

"DomainCode": "6"

},

...... ( Bunch of RICs will follow, but some are non existing RICs as well as valid RICs )

Actually , In above example, one of retuned RIC "AOZR10YUSAC=R" is actually no longer exist ( so invalid RIC ) , but somehow those invalid RICs are retuned with the valid RICs , "Status" of those RICs indicated as "Valid" as well as other existing ( valid ) RICs.

Is there anyway to exclude such invalid RICs from the returned RICs??

Thank you

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @noboru.maruyama4 ,

I have tried this chain RIC with real time feed, and even that is returning a list of invalid RICs in the chain. This seems like a data issue, and I would recommend that you open a content ticket with my.refinitiv.com and speak with a data content expert.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Gurpreet

Many thanks for your advise, Actually I could replicate same behaver even with Eikon Excel ( Invalid individual RICs appear from a chain RIC )

so I raised an Query to Dara Content team.

Thank you for your advise

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.