Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 2 5 9

live data vs delayed data

Hi, I seem to be having trouble knowing which of the data I pull using eikon api is live and which is delayed. I know I can access live option watch data but does that not include live prices for options and live prices for underlyings?

eikon-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

@rafi.levy1,

I tried ek.get_data(".SPX", "CF_LAST") while monitoring the last price in the Quote App in Eikon, and it matched the real time data everytime.

Are you on a trial license which is limiting access to real time data for you? I recommend that you reach out to your Refinitiv account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @rafi.levy1,

If you are accessing the real time fields, the data will be the most current for those fields. Examples of real time fields are: CF_BID, CF_ASK, TRDPRC_1 etc. You can check Data Item Browser (DIB) for various fields that can be requested for a given asset class.

Can you give a code example of that data that you think is delayed.

icon clock
10 |1500

thanks for the response i am pulling the cf_last field for '.SPX'

and it seems to be 15 min late. i want to know how i can be sure that the option pricing is not delayed either.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.