question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 4

Record Matching API website support gives an error

Hello,

I'm trying to use the website feature through a python script using the REST API, and hitting a snag. It appears that there is a trailing \r after the data that messes up the JSON parsing:

URL='https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/match'

header={'Accept': 'application/json', 'Content-Type': 'text/plain', 'x-ag-access-token': 'xxx', 'x-openmatch-dataType': 'Organization', 'x-openmatch-numberOfMatchesPerRecord': 1}

data='LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website \n ,,Apple,,,,,,http://www.apple.com'

Exception Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 819, in json return json.loads(self.text, **kwargs)

...File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())

JSONDecodeError: Invalid control character u'\r' at: line 1 column 692 (char 691)

Note: i am running python 2.7 and requests 2.7 in cygwin, on windows 10.

pythonerrorpermid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apijson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@vna

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@vna

I have removed your x-ag-access-token from the question because the token is private information.

I have contacted CLF HelpDesk to verify the problem.

Contacted Eyal Kenigsvain to verify this question.

Hi @ vna,

We have contacted concern team to resolve your querry, we will keep you updated once we hear from them.

Regards,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 249 52 74

@vna

I found that the problem only happens when the request text contains the website information.

LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website

,,Apple,,,,,,www.apple.com

The response will contain 0x0D after the "Input_Website" text.

However, if I removed the website information, the response is fine.

LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website

,,Apple,,,,,,

The response is:

{
  "ignore": "    ",
  "unMatched": 0,
  "matched": {
    "total": 1,
    "excellent": 1
  },
  "numReceivedRecords": 1,
  "numProcessedRecords": 1,
  "numErrorRecords": 0,
  "headersIdentifiedSuccessfully": [
    "localid",
    "standard identifier",
    "name",
    "country",
    "street",
    "city",
    "postalcode",
    "state",
    "website"
  ],
  "headersNotIdentified": [],
  "headersSupportedWereNotSent": [],
  "errorCode": 0,
  "errorCodeMessage": "Success",
  "resolvingTimeInMs": 238,
  "requestTimeInMs": 238,
  "outputContentResponse": [
    {
      "ProcessingStatus": "OK",
      "Match OpenPermID": "https://permid.org/1-4295905573",
      "Match OrgName": "Apple Inc",
      "Match Score": "92%",
      "Match Level": "Excellent",
      "Match Ordinal": "1",
      "Original Row Number": "2",
      "Input_Name": "Apple"
    }
  ]
}

Please confirm if it is the same problem that you found.

hex.png (9.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Yes, it is the same issue I have. Did you find any way to counteract that? (that ideally doesn't require me to hack into the requests library for this one special case)

icon clock
10 |1500

I have contacted the support team to verify this problem.

@vna

The development team can replicate the issue. They will handle it. I will keep you updated on its progress.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Hello Jira, any news on this bug? I was hoping to start using websites by next month :)

icon clock
10 |1500

@vna

There was no response back from the development team. I will contact them again for the update.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Hello Sunil & Jira,

any response yet? I am blocked trying to use the API if i can't match websites...

best

VnA

icon clock
10 |1500

@vna

I have tested it. The problem has been fixed. There is no 0x0D after the "Input_Website" text anymore.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Thanks! It seems ok now for me too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.