For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Questions around Action type? Examples for profile Action Type like CIVIL_ACTION, CRIMINAL_CONVICTION, ENFORCEMENT, SANCTION.

Thanks Brian for example for SANCTION. I have couple questions around though-
1. How these Profile Action Types can be used ? Can they be used as Risk indicators?
2. I did couple of screening and profile checks using WC1 API . In all cases, i found that Actions are not there. Does it mean that all these entities are no risk or low risk entities? Can we say that these entities are having clean screening result?
3. Appreciate if you help me on how to read these profile results so that i can integrate those effectively in our product.
4. Also, please help examples of Profile Action Type (like CIVIL_ACTION, CRIMINAL_CONVICTION, ENFORCEMENT, SANCTION).

Thanks,
Aniruddha

world-checkworld-check-oneapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @aniruddha.bonde,

1. The use of the World-Check One Profile Action Types is client specific. The types are there to identify the data containing the action, it's up to each client to decide how to use the types, if at all. Any risk level associated with the action type would be client defined and how the data is used in their application.

2. This is likely because there are no recorded actions for the screen name, but there may be a description in the category field.

3. I suggest you try the reference/profile/{ {worldcheck-profile-id}} endpoint with worldcheck-profile-id set to e_tr_wci_164002, this entity returns over 2600 lines of profile information and is a good example for Profile actionType and other fields.

4. Here's a snip-it of the return: Here the actionType is SANCTION, with the action's source (name, Thomson Reuters World Check identifier (xxxx_trwc_xxxx), etc..) and details about the action. The trwc identifiers all have their name included with the return request. As you review the request return data, you'll want to note the category field description(s).

Hope this helps,

Brian

{
      "actionId": null,
      "actionType": "SANCTION",
      "comment": null,
      "endDate": null,
      "files": [],
      "publicationType": null,
      "published": null,
      "reference": null,
      "source": {
        "abbreviation": "OFAC",
        "creationDate": "2013-03-21T13:41:13Z",
        "identifier": "b_trwc_386",
        "importIdentifier": null,
        "name": "USA - OFAC SDN LIST (OFFICE OF FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL) - OFAC",
        "provider": null,
        "providerSourceStatus": "ACTIVE",
        "regionOfAuthority": "USA",
        "subscriptionCategory": "STANDARD",
        "type": {
          "category": {
            "description": "This gives details of individuals, companies and vessels with whom national or supranational bodies have decreed firms should not have financial dealings. Dealings with these designated persons or entities can lead to large fines, jail sentences and increased regulatory oversight owing to perceived failures in systems of internal control.",
            "identifier": "ec_1",
            "name": "Sanctions",
            "providerSourceTypes": null
          },
          "identifier": "t_trwc_2",
          "name": "Sanctions"
        }
      },
      "startDate": null,
      "text": " ... (detail info about action on this entity)...",
      "title": "USA"
    },

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.