question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 2 7

Why can't I call search API without access token?

In the permid documentation it clearly says that access-token is optional like in entity lookup.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/content/dam/devportal/api-families/open-permid/permid-entity-search/documentation/permid-apis-user-guide-aug-2021.pdf#page=48

screenshot-from-2022-06-07-19-52-12.png

But when I try to call this searcg API without access-token I am getting error.

https://api-eit.refinitiv.com/permid/search?q=google

screenshot-from-2022-06-07-19-56-53.png

open-permid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted PGO Support Permid.

hi @nejoval774

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@nejoval774

I got the update from the product team.

The access token is mandatory in the URL so the API document will be updated.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@nejoval774

Yes, you are correct. An access token is required for the Entity Search API.

I will contact the product team to verify the document.

icon clock
10 |1500

I think there is a miss match in documentation vs implementation. Document say you can call search API without access token. Please update that to avoid confusions.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.