For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Search all options on exchanges

I need to understand how many options I can get separately for each exchange. To do this, I want to make a request through the DSS python api. Could you please:

1) Inform me how can I create session key, if I have only login and password. I trying use next:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()

2) What methods should i use to get all options with all strikes for each exchange separately

dss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

HI @helpdesk,

The code snippet that you mention is from Refinitiv Data Library and not DSS. For DSS, please start from quickstart and follow on to REST tutorials as per the links at the top of this page. We don't have any Python API for DSS; its RESTful, so standard Python Requests can be used. You can see some python code samples here.

Additionally, we can only help with technical questions on these forums. For content related queries, please raise a ticket at my.refinitiv.com, which will allow you to speak with a content expert.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.