Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How to download green bonds data with full company names and the company origin (Country)?

Hello friends, I am trying to get Green bonds data from 2007 to 2021 using eikon data stream. But the data I got from green bonds guide doesn’t give me full company name who issue the bonds and the country where originated, unless I do it county by country individually, but still company names are not given clearly. It only provide company coded name and ISIN and RIC codes from that I have to search manually and look for each bond issuer and country. But this is too hard to look for more than 1 thousand bonds in this way. Can I get some idea how can I make this data available with all the information I need! I will be thankful for your responses.

eikon-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @aalamgir42 ,

May I ask what product are you using? Is it Datastream Python library or any other product? and could you please provide your current solution for further investigation.

So for I tried the simple way by accessing through screener, but i am not sure if i can use API to get company info by converting ISIN or RIC codes.

Hello @aalamgir42

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @aalamgir42

You can try to use the Search API within the Refinitiv Data Library for Python. The request below does a basic search for all green bonds.

ahs.png

ahs.png (333.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.