question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Downloading fundamental stocks data using API in VBA

example.jpg Hi, we would like to use the function TR in an API Excel application in order to download some fundamental data (e.g. net income, EPS estimates, prices and valuation multiples) for a sample of stocks (e.g. the constituents of the Stoxx Europe 600 index). We are able to do this via a Request tables as in the attached jpeg. How can we replicate something similar using TR (or anything else)? Specifically, we are not able to find the data fields matching the datatypes specified in the request table. Do you have a list of data fields usable in TR?
eikonapieikon-com-apiexcelvbaequitiesfundamentals
example.jpg (104.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @antonio.turi

If you'd like to retrieve fundamental data into Excel VBA, then please visit the link below. This is where you can find documentation, examples and tutorials for Eikon COM APIs for use in Microsoft Office.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/com-apis-use-microsoft-office

The best way to explore the field names and parameters you can use to retrieve data through =TR function is by following Formula Builder wizard in Eikon Excel. In Thomson Reuters ribbon click on the leftmost button named Build Formula and follow the prompts. Once you've completed the wizard and are happy with the data retrieved into Excel worksheet by =TR function, the syntax used in =TR function is fairly straightforward to translate into syntax required for DEX2 COM library. If you need help with using Formula Builder wizard or =TR function, I would suggest you call your local Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. The Helpdesk representative can guide you through the wizard and =TR function.

Finally, I'm not sure what was the significance of the screenshot you included, but I'm afraid I have no idea what it illustrates. I cannot even tell what application this is. If you need assistance with whatever that screenshot represents, please elaborate on how you created this image.

Best regards,

Alex

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.