Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 2

Ciphers between Server and Client

Hello,

I'm receiving this error when my app connects to Refinitiv rest services

The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm

Where can I find the ciphers and protocols I should enable on my side so the app can communicate with Refinitiv Rest Services without problems?

Thanks

dss-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @andre.gil

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@andre.gil

If you mean the Cipher Suites supported by the server, you can check it with the https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ website by entering the DSS URL (selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com).

The results are:

1659924050241.png

1659924050241.png (55.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @andre.gil ,

If you are planning integration with Datascope using DSS REST API, and are not in .NET space where you would start with Quickstart guide for DSS REST .NET SDK,

The best place to start is DSS REST API Tutorials, beginning with Tutorials Introduction, Connecting to DSS Server and next, working through the brief tutorial pertaining to the specific request(s) that you require.

The tutorials come with downloadable starter request collection for Postman, by importing it, you will be able to fully examine the protocol "in action" by submitting requests and receiving results.

Consequently, the collection should remain helpful to you day-to-day, when you look to tune new DSS REST requests that are required, you can quickly and efficiently test your requests in Postman, tune to your satisfaction, and only then integrate the working requests into your code.

I hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

@andre.gil,

If you and your team are new to DSS REST API, and could benefit from an introduction to DSS REST API from developer advocacy, including an overview of DSS REST dev portal resources and Q&A- contact your Refintiiv account manager to help set it up.

-AHS

Upvotes
2 1 0 2

@zoya faberov & @Jirapongse

Thanks for you answers. I found the problem. I had to enable TLS 1.0 (outbound) on my server in order to be able to talk to Refinitv without the cipher problem.

Though I checked with ssllabs and I have enabled all the TLS 1.2 ciphers enabled, but still only worked when I enabled the TLS 1.0.

Actually it's not a problem, as I can live with me server creating outbound calls with TLS 1.0.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.