question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 4

How to find list of historical company data on all stocks on swedish stockmarket 20Y back in Eikon

Hi, im writing a thesis where i backtest the investment strategy called "The Magic Formula" on the swedish stokmarket. For this i need a list of historical company data on annual basis, such as Retur on capital, EBIT/Enterprice value, dividen, etc... Also i need stock price data from the same timeperiod on monthly basis. Andprice data for the index OMXSPI.

I have never used Thomson Reuter Eikon before, but what i have understand is that this would be quite easy to manage if you know how to use the right codes?

I woud be very thankful if someone could help med solve this task .

Best Regards

M

eikoneikon-com-apidataequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Let's break down your question in to several topics, and I will use Eikon for Excel in my examples.

The list of Swedish companies

There are two quick ways to get the list of all listed Swedish companies: using search or the Screener app;

Search formula (or use the Search button on the Thomson Reuters tab in Excel)

=RSearch("EQUITY",{"RCSIssuerCountryGenealogy","'M:DH/G:A/G:3/G:M/G:2/G:6V'";"IsPrimaryRIC","Yes"},"NBROWS:2000",,)

Screener (or use the Screener button on the Thomson Reuters tab in Excel)

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.RegCountryCode,""SE""), CURN=SEK)","TR.CommonName","curn=SEK RH=In CH=Fd")

Both functions will return the list of RICs (or Reuters Instrumental Code) that correspond to a quote of the equity on the exchange. RSearch will also return the pre-IPO company codes, so the output result will be a little different.

Getting fundamentals

Let's take Trelleborg (RIC:TRELb.ST) as a sample.

EV/EBIT can be found in the Formula Builder (Build formula button on the Thomson Reuters tab in Excel). Make sure you check out the parameters of the return value, but the formula will look somewhat like this.

=TR("TRELb.ST","TR.EVEBIT.date, TR.EVEBIT.value","Frq=FY Period=FY0 SDate=0 EDate=-20 CH=Fd RH=IN")

Other fields you are looking for can be found in the Formula Builder as well, or you can always contact your Thomson Reuters support desk for data help and training.

Getting time series data

Let's take Trelleborg (RIC:TRELb.ST) as a sample again.

You can either make a call through the fundamentals request like this:

=TR("TRELb.ST","TR.TradePriceClose(TSINTERVAL=MNTHLY).date, TR.TradePriceClose(TSINTERVAL=MNTHLY).value","Frq=CM SDate=0 EDate=-250 CH=Fd RH=IN")

Or you can access the dedicated time series data base:

=RHistory("TRELb.ST","TRDPRC_1.Timestamp;TRDPRC_1.Open;TRDPRC_1.High;TRDPRC_1.Low;TRDPRC_1.Close;TRDPRC_1.Volume;","START:01-Nov-1995 END:04-Nov-2016 INTERVAL:1MO",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd",)

The index time series can be requested the same way, the RIC is .OMXSPI.

All of these pieces of functionality can be achieved in our Eikon APIs, both COM and .NET. Which one would you prefer?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, thanks for answere.

I have manage to get fundamentals for single stocks. But i have som problem to create a the list of the stocks on the swedish stockmarket.

I got error when i copy and paste the formula:

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.RegCountryCode,""SE""), CURN=SEK)","TR.CommonName","curn=SEK RH=In CH=Fd")

Is it something in the code i need to replace or change ?

Thanks

@mane0014What error are you getting?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.