question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 2 9 8

State of EMA Java ?

We are considering moving from RFA to EMA but fail to locate any throttling in EMA, which is important to us.
Any plans to add this?

Is EMA SDK 1.0.x as stable as RFAJ 8.0.x ?
It's just that getting a NPE in Reactor.sendChannelEventCallback() :
int retval = reactorChannel.role().channelEventCallback().reactorChannelEventCallback(reactorChannelEvent);
is a bit disturbing.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hello @John.Westi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
144 1 2 4

With regards to the throttling question, EMA utilizes the open window of the service. EMA has a configuration option name ObeyOpenWindow. When this is set to to true, EMA will utilize the open window size specfied for that service (from the source directory response message). When this is set to false, EMA does not utilize any open window and no throttling occurs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @John.Westi

What are the reproduce steps/source code for the NPE problem?

Do you face the NPE in the latest Elektron SDK Java(version 1.0.7)? If not, please try to test with it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Sounds like it's a known issue (EMA-791) according to Greg Lee.

I'll check if master contains a fix for this.

Upvotes
144 1 2 4

The issue you mention is already captured. We are working on a fix and will provide in a future release. The associated JIRA is EMA-791.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @John.Westi,

What is the purpose of moving from RFA to EMA? Are you using MarketData interfaces(SSL connection) in RFA?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Pimchaya

We are upgrading an old RFAJ 7.4 app to enhance functionality and to utilise RSSL and OMM.

My understanding is that EMA is the future RFA so we might as well go all the way and using EMA. At least that was our plan until I failed to locate throttling logic and was hit by NPE errors.

Overall I like the idea of turning proprietary code into open source and I'm looking forward to see features like throttling being added.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.