question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

M&A data of end of fiscal year prior to deal announcement

Hey guys,

I have the following question regarding the Refinitiv Eikon Excel add-in:

I have retrieved the announcement dates for various M&A transactions. For those target firms, I want to have certain financial data from the end of the past fiscal year before the announcement date of the M&A. For example, the announcement date of a merger was mid-August 2020. For this company, the Fiscal Year ends at the end of June 2020. Thus, I need the financial data (e.g., net income) from June 31, 2020. How do I enter this in the formula, so that it works automatically for each line? So far, I have only been able to figure out how to retrieve financial ratios from the previous Fiscal Year using the formula builder, starting from the current year, or on a specific date with the help of specific PermIDs of the target firms.

What formula do I have to use in the formula builder in order to get the data of the end of the fiscal year prior to the deal announcement?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Lisa

exceldatastreamdate
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Upvotes
Accepted
432 3 2 7

Hi @lisa.bucher ,

this forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs for programming-type queries. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for the Excel question questions is the support team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitiv.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.