For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 4 8

Not all batches being processed (HTTP socket gets closed after 4th batch) - Datascope Select REST API

Client is trying to retrieve prices using the following API: #DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.IntradayPricingExtractionRequest

Because of the number of prices to retrieve it is split up in multiple requests (each time for 1000 instruments).So for each 1000 instruments he does the REST API call and then process them and wait for 30 seconds and do the following call.

In production client saw in the log file that 4 batches are processed OK, but with the fifth batch the HTTP socket was closed. This situation reoccured the next day. Can you please advise what could be the cause?

dss-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
77.5k 242 52 72

@Lukasz Ossowski

I checked the log and found the connection has been closed while retrieving a response.

1663929414555.png

I tested the request message with Postman and Postman can show the response properly.

1663929495079.png

Does the client has a proxy or firewall server?

The client can share the runnable source code so I can test it in my environment.

1663929414555.png (11.8 KiB)
1663929495079.png (96.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
77.5k 242 52 72

@Lukasz Ossowski

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The information is limited so I can't provide the cause of this issue.

You can check those requests in Postman and verify if the fifth batch will be closed. If not, it could be a problem in the application. The client can also share the runnable source code. Then, I can test it in my environment.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 4 4 8

Hi Jiraponse,

I tried uploading client's log, but I receive message "something went wrong". Is there any other way to share the file with you?

icon clock
10 |1500

Sorry. The uploading file is not working.

You can send a file to my Email.

Thank you - what's the e-mail address?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.