Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

WARNING:pyeikon:Error with MSFT.O: No data available for the requested date range

Hi, I'm trying to get historical price data with get_timeseries, but it keep repeating this error no data available. What is going wrong?

screenshot-2022-09-27-at-111710-pm.png

eikon-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @u3594016

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hello @u3594016 ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

Dear @u3594016 ,

In addition to the Raksina's comment above, what I know from my experience working with Tick data, is that the request history for tick data goes back for up to 3 month maximum. And since your request is earlier in the history (2017 - 2018) you are getting this error.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @u3594016 ,

This interval of this date range of the data is also not available in an Eikon chart app as well. However, as I've found no issue in your code, the issue is not on an API but on the content itself hence, to clarify the reason for this, you may raise a content ticket via MyRefinitiv

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.