question

Upvotes
Accepted
8 12 13 18

Two NIPs publishing on the same service (ADH cache)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfaADHnon-interactive-provider
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
8 12 13 18

That's correct, it was a typo in my question, but my real configuration is correct and everthing is working as expected when I aggregate 2 services. But that's not what I want to do:

Do you know if it's possible to connect more than one NIP to an ADH via RSSL in order to publish on the same service without aggregating 2 different services? ie NIP1 and NIP2 both configured to publish on MYNIP.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please try this one:

*adh*aggregateServiceList : MYNIP
*adh*MYNIP*nonInteractiveSourceList : MYNIP

Each NIP must have an unique instance ID.

You may also set markGroupsSuspectOnPublisherDown to False so that the ADH will not generate group outage notification when publisher applications within the source list of an aggregate service go inactive. All items will remain in cache and the state of the items will remain unchanged.

*adh*MYNIP*markGroupsSuspectOnPublisherDown : False

*adh*MYNIP*nonInteractiveSourceList : MYNIP

This is working. Thanks a lot!

Upvotes
8 12 13 18
  • I'm trying to code a Non Interactive Publisher (NIP) in order to publish in an ADH via RSSL (point to point)
  • I want to connect 2 NIPs, running from 2 different hosts, in order to publish on the same service (MYNIP) and the same instruments (RIC1, RIC2, RIC3)
  • On the ADH, I configured the service MYNIP
  • (I'm using RFAJ 8)

Here are the results of my tests:

1. When I launch my first NIP, I can see the service "MYNIP" going UP on the ADHmon
  2. The NIP process publishes successfully on RIC1, RIC2 and RIC3
  3. When I start my second NIP process (from a different host), the service is still UP on the ADHmon, but this second NIP doesn't manage to publish on RIC1, RIC2 and RIC3
  4. If I stop the first NIP, the service goes DOWN, and my 2nd NIP is still unable to publish. According the the ADHmon, this 2nd NIP is connected, but it's not doing anything...

My question:

Do you know if it's possible to connect more than one NIP to an ADH via RSSL in order to publish on the same service? Or do I have to publish on two different services, then aggregate them via the ADH with this kind of configuration:

*adh*NIPUAT*nonInteractiveSourceList : MYNIP_A, MYNIP_B
icon clock
10 |1500

Typo:

*adh*MYNIP*nonInteractiveSourceList : MYNIP_A, MYNIP_B
Upvotes
78.2k 246 52 72

Refer to ADH installation guide regarding Source Aggregation, the ADH can aggregate one or more publisher application services into a single server.

The configurations for aggregation services are:

*adh*aggregateServiceList : LOCAL_PUB, VALUE_PUB
*adh*LOCAL_PUB*nonInteractiveSourceList : LOCAL_PUB
*adh*VALUE_PUB*nonInteractiveSourceList : VALUE_A, VALUE_B, VALUE_C

From your configurations, the aggregation service is MYNIP but it uses NIPUAT in nonInteractiveSourceList configuration. The correct one should be:

*adh*MYNIP*nonInteractiveSourceList : MYNIP_A, MYNIP_B

With these configurations, the first NI provider should publish to MYNIP_A service while the second provider should publish to MYNIP_B service.

aggregation.png (32.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.