For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 2 2 9

RIC and It's Service name

Hi Team,

I have list of 13k RICS to subscribe. As of now I am connecting to EMA Consumer 450 series and service (ELEKTRON_DD). For some of the RICS I do see record not found. Hence, I would like to know which RIC belongs to which service?

elektron-message-apierrordesign
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
80.1k 257 52 75

@Maha Rana Parthap Sing

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You are using Consumer 450 which connects to Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized (RTO). The main real-time service on RTO is ELEKTRON_DD. If it returns "The record could not be found", it indicates that those RICs may be invalid or delisted.

Please share some RICs that return "The record could not be found" so we can verify them. Otherwise, you can contact the content support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify those RICs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.1k 57 17 14

Hello @Maha Rana Parthap Sing

The "record not found " message indicates that the RIC name is invalid or does not exist. I highly recommend you contact the Content Support team to verify if the RICs you need are available on the Cloud. You can contact the team directly via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html website.
rto-content-ticket.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 2 9

Hi @Jirapongse and @wasin.w ,

Thanks for the inputs. Ill reach out to content team for data related queries.

I have around 13K RICS now. I would like to know among these 13K how many RICS are valid and how many are invalid? Is there any UI where I can upload these RICS and find if those are valid or invalid.

Regards,

Rana

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Maha Rana Parthap Sing,

RIC search tool can be used to look up a specific instrument.

I do not know of a GUI tool that accepts bulk submission of RICs. You can check with Refinitiv content support for the authoritative answer from the content perspective.

Using EMA consumer 450, an approach can be to capture output, note all invalid RICs that result in image response:

StatusMsg
    streamId="5"
    domain="MarketPrice Domain"
    state="Closed / Suspect / Not found / '**The record could not be found'"
    name="JPY=2"
    nameType="1"
    serviceId="257"
    serviceName="ELEKTRON_DD"
StatusMsgEnd

and remove them from your list. Or you can note all valid RICs that result in image response, and to form a new list.

An alternative approach, if you have Datascope select access, HistoricalBulkSearch can be an option, this will require a bit of coding- to read in your list of instruments, structure into HistoricalBulkSearch request, submit the request and parse the result.

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 2 9

For now, I will note all invalid RICS programmatically. Thanks for the inputs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.