Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How to collect interest rate swap day count conventions in Eikon Python api?

The Eikon desktop application has a "Description" page for swaps (USD1YOIS=) that presents contract specification data such as day-count convention, holiday calendar, and reference rate RIC. Is there a way to locate Python api field names for these items?

I could not locate them in the Data Item Browser, or using the TR Eikon MS Office formulas, as suggested in the Eikon Python docs.

More broadly, is there a method that will list all fields that can be queried using:

eikon.get_data(ric, fields)

Such a field list could be a time-saver, even if most returned values are null.

eikon-data-api#contentswapsexchange-holidaysreference-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.8k 82 39 63

Hi @michelhugo.battistini

I also could not find the specific details you are after. In situations like this, I would recommend you raise a content query within the desktop, via "Help & Support" using Help or the function key: F1. They can bring in a content special who can help with these data fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.