question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Is it possible to install Datastream API through Jupyter notebook?

Hello, is it possible to install Datastream API through Jupyter notebook? or can we install it without using the anaconda prompt? Thank you

#technologydatastream-apijupyter-notebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @joao.goncalves ,

Jupyter and Anaconda are separate things.

Anaconda is - in effect - a GUI that simplifies the installation of shells, IDEs, and libraries/packages for several programming languages. Without such a GUI, one would have to use command lines to use such programming languages, which is difficult because one would have to know the exact text to entre to command certain things (such as installing libraries). Anaconda has its own command lines too - but they are a lot simpler (or so they ought to be). You can use it to install libraries if you want, but I don't tend to - I usually go straight to my PC's (windows) command prompt.

Jupyter is more like an IDE. So you can install Jupyter via Anaconda. You can use Jupyter to install libraries if you want.

Datastream's API (DSWS) - and all other APIs - are completely separate from all that. They are, in effect, related to the programing language you are using (more specifically the programming language's kernel, but let's not get into that). In this instance, I'm going to guess that you are referring to Python.

Long story short - too late: Yes you can install DSWS through Jupyter notebook. Here is a guide on just that. You can also use Anaconda, here is an article on just that.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.