Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 2 3 4

Going from Old ISIN to new ISIN

Hello,

I am using the EIKON Data API through Python. I have a large list of ISIN, with some ISIN being outdated or delisted. Since I need the newest ISIN to pull data on stock price etc., it is important to match outdated ISINs to their most recent value. I so far used the following approach:

1) parse all ISINs in my list (ISIN_list) with the .get_symbology() function to match them to an ISIN in the EIKON system.

symbology=ek.get_symbology(ISIN_list,from_symbol_type="ISIN",best_match=False)

2) Retrieve outdated ISIN for each ISIN returned in 1) using the .get_data("TR.ISIN")

df, err=ek.get_data(list2,["TR.ISIN","TR.ISIN.date"],{"SDate":"1999-12-31","EDate":"2022-12-31","Frq":"D"})

I however am still not able to find any match for a large number of ISIN in my list. For example DK0060698785. I am pretty sure this is a fund that has merged with another one at some point in time.

Is there some additional method I could try to improve the number of ISIN in my original list found in the EIKON system? For your information, the ISIN list includes stocks, bonds, funds.

Thank you.

Best,

David

eikon#contenthistoricalisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @dpi.eco ,

I would suggest either using the techniques shown here or using the Search API. Please let us know (by replying to this answer) if this is sufficient for you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.