question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Hi, currently i am querying the API using ExtractRaw. This returns date format in 'YYYY/MM/DD' instead of the date format we wanted 'YYYY-MM-DD'. Is there any way we can extract information in the correct format?

Hi, currently i am querying the API using ExtractRaw. This returns date format in 'YYYY/MM/DD' instead of the date format we wanted 'YYYY-MM-DD'. Is there any way we can extract information in the correct format? The current date format in the account i am using is already in the correct date format 'YYYY-MM-DD'.

Is there any way to set the date format in the 1st Query API (ExtractRaw) to the format from the 2nd result (What I want is “2000-11-23” )

Body:

{

"ExtractionRequest": {

"@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",

"ContentFieldNames": [

"RIC",

"Asset Type",

"First Trade Date"

],

"IdentifierList": {

"@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",

"InstrumentIdentifiers": [

{ "Identifier": "SGXL.SI", "IdentifierType": "Ric"}

]

}

}

}

Query API I used: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw

Results:

image001.png

Query API: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractWithNotes

Results:

image002-2.png

#technologydatascope-selectapi
image001.png (7.7 KiB)
image002-2.png (27.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
22.5k 59 14 21

Hi @Sushil.Purohit,

Unfortunately there is no means to specify a different date format in any of the Extraction requests. You should be able to convert this programmatically in your application though.

What I see is that ExtractRaw provides the raw data as it was captured, and the ExtractWithNotes does some minimal data processing like formatting the date value and fill in null for a blank value etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Gurpreet

Upvote
80k 257 52 75

@Sushil.Purohit

You can't specify the Date Format with on-demand extractions. However, you can specify the Date Format with schedule extractions.

For example, you can use the DSS Web GUI or REST API to create a TermsAndConditions report template that contains the "First Trade Date" field with the "yyyy-MM-dd" format.

1676528126257.png

The REST API request looks like this:

{
    "ShowColumnHeaders": true,
    "Name": "TermsAndConditions1",
    "Headers": [],
    "Trailers": [],
    "ContentFields": [
        {
            "FieldName": "RIC"
        },
        {
            "FieldName": "Asset Type"
        },
        {
            "FieldName": "First Trade Date",
            "Format": {
                "@odata.type":"ContentFieldDateFormat",
                "DateFormat": "yyyy-MM-dd"
            }
        }
    ],
    "Condition": null
}

Then, you can use an immediate schedule extraction to extract the data. The output looks like this:

1676528238217.png

For more information, you can refer to the REST API Tutorial 10: GUI control calls: immediate extract tutorial on the Developers Portal Website.

1676528126257.png (19.9 KiB)
1676528238217.png (35.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @Jirapongse

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.