question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 4

Cell referencing using Redi API

I had looked at an previous answer provided in which the user had to create a function (Eval) as part of the process. I did this but it doesnt consistently return values. I wonder if there might be a better way that is now available as that solution was written a few years back

=RediLink|'L1'!'1605.T;BP,DH,DL'

so for example i would want to have some syntax where a cell value such as 6758.T was inserted into this array

thanks

#technologyexcelredi-apimacrossyntax
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Sean1 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Sean1

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.5k 253 52 74

@Sean1

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Typically, you can use the Excel DDE Component to build REDI DDE Links.

1678946395661.png

The output looks like this. One RediLink is for one item.

1678946426684.png

For more information, you can refer to the REDIPlus DDE-API Guide on the REDI FTP site (sftp://sftp.redi.com). The document is in the /API/Documents directory. You can get the FTP credential from the REDI QuickStart Guide.

I hope that this information is of help.

1678946395661.png (46.8 KiB)
1678946426684.png (11.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.