Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 0 1

Eikon API in Python - Limiting the Downloaded Rows

Hello, Im using Eikon API in Python. I want to limit the ownership downloads with top 10 rows instead of downloading every ownership. How can I adjust it? Thanks

dd, er = ek.get_data(["AAPL.O"],
                     ["CF_NAME", "TR.ISIN", "TR.InvestorFullName", "TR.SharesHeld",
                      "TR.FilingType", "TR.HoldingsDate", "TR.CompanySharesOutstanding"])
eikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace#product#contentrefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.3k 18 6 9

@Fatih Yazgan Thanks for your question - so the StartNum and EndNum Parameter settings allow you to control this:

dd, err = ek.get_data(["AAPL.O"],
            ["CF_NAME", "TR.ISIN", "TR.InvestorFullName", "TR.SharesHeld",
            "TR.FilingType", "TR.HoldingsDate", "TR.CompanySharesOutstanding"],
            {'StartNum': 0, 'EndNum': 10})

1678893705111.png

Note static fields such as ISIN won't be copied down the list but this can easily be achieved with the pandas forward fill function. I hope this can help.

1678893705111.png (322.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.