Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Refinitiv Eikon API in R - Issues with extracting paneldata/time series

I am using the Refinitiv Eikon API in R, using this https://github.com/ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir. I am trying to extract values for each month the last 10 years with 30 or so different variables defined. However, the code does not run when trying to loop over several time periods.

I am using the get_data function, as I understand that get_timeseries only allows for some predefined fields. However, only 1 date is allowed to be defined. This is the working code:

regression_data <- get_data(list("XOM,CVX,OXY,COP,PXD,SU.TO,EOG"),

information,

list('SDate'='2012-01-31')

)

Where "information" is a predefined list of variables. I want, however, to extract the data over multiple dates. When I have tried to do this, the code won't run. I know this should be doable, as just changing the date also provides an answer, however, it would be very time-consuming. Happy for any help.

eikon-data-apieikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.4k 30 5 10

Hi @carsten.gilje ,

Please be informed that the Eikon R is not an official Refinitiv product, you can submit the issue to the Eikon R development via the GitHub issue page directly.

However, have you tried setting the 'EDate' (End date) along with 'SDate' (Start date)? Does it help?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.