Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Mapping data through the API

Hi all, I try to map the some features to each bond in my file. My file contains 50,000 individual bonds and I use loop and

"rd.get_data(universe = ['US010609FF77'], fields = ['TR.FiBankQualified', 'TR.FiInsuredCusipFlag'])"

to map the Data. However, after mapping around 4,000 bonds successfully, the codebook fails to return any value the rest of the day, even for a single bond. Could anyone tell me what's going on or give me some suggestions how I can achieve the mapping successfully? Thanks for your help!

#technologyrdp-apidataapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.3k 30 5 10

Hi @aiden.tao ,

It seems that the limit has been reached, you can check the detail in Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline (If you are connecting using a desktop session to Eikon or Workspace via RD Library - the same limit as Eikon API applies - as the RD Library is mimicking the Eikon API and still sourcing its data from Eikon.)

I'm not sure which limit is reached. However, could you try calling the rd.get_data with multiple instruments instead of looping through them, for example

rd.get_data(universe = ['INSTRUMENT1,'INSTRUMENT2','INSTRUMENT3'','INSTRUMENT4']
, fields = ['TR.FiBankQualified', 'TR.FiInsuredCusipFlag'])

Hope this help and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.