Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 5

Real time price fields: OFF_CLOSE (id 3372) vs. HST_CLOSE (id 21)

Hello,

What is the difference b/w the following fields:

OFF_CLOSE (id 3372) vs. HST_CLOSE (id 21)

Ex.g. When I query both before today trade session EOD, do I get HST_CLOSE = "previous day close" and

OFF_CLOSE= "unavailable (as the trading session is still on)" ?

Am I missing something?

#contentfieldsstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.8k 82 39 63

Hi @DimAngelNX

Questions related to content and the meaning behind the values are best addressed within the desktop (Workspace/Eikon) by using the Help & Support (F1) feature.

You may also find more information using the Data Model Discovery tool within the Developer Portal (under "Developer Tools"). After searching, it states:

FID 21: HST_CLOSE Historical unadjusted close or settlement price.
FID 3372: OFF_CLOSE The official closing price for this market. Price may be qualified by CLOSE_TONE

It may be the case for certain instruments, based on the exchange they are traded, will report OFF_CLOSE after the market is closed or during the closing run - this is something the help desk can confirm.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.