question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Unable to resolve this error javac is not recognized as an internal or external command

I am new to Java application and having trouble compiling a simple Helloworld program.

JDK 1.7.0 is installed in my Windows 7 and was able to set the path variable but didn't work. I keep getting the following error:

C:\Users\Ivy>cd \
C:\cd java files
C:\java files>set path=C:Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin
C:\java files>javac Hello.java
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
#technologyjavajavascript-browser
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
80k 257 52 75

@sarfaraz_k

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The path looks incorrect. You missed the '\' character after C:. It should be:

set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin;%PATH%

Then, you can verify it with the where command.

C:\Users\U8009686>where javac
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.11\bin\javac.exe
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.1k 57 17 14

Hi @sarfaraz_k

Please be informed that the Q&A forum is dedicated to the Refinitiv APIs only. However, you can find a step-by-step Java installation guide over internet such as:

Additionally, both Java 1.7.0 and Windows 7 are already end-of-life and no longer supported by the maintainers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.