question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 5

How to permanently remove Refinitiv Messenger chatbot from chatrooms?

Hi,

The bot we are using was added to many chatrooms in the past, and some of them are no longer in use. Is there any way we can get the bot removed from these chatrooms so that they no longer appear when we call the list_chatrooms method (in the example bot API) ?

Thanks and regards,
Keng Onn

#technologymessenger-bot-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @kengonn.wong

The Messenger Bot team advise you use the /participants/remove API to remove the bot from the chatroom.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ahh I see, ok. I'll give that a shot and update on how that goes :). Thanks!
It worked! Thanks so much!!! :)
Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @kengonn.wong

Thank you for contacting us. There is a leave a chatroom API call via the HTTP REST as follows:

HTTP Request

POST https://api.refinitiv.com/messenger/beta1/chatrooms/{chatroomId}/leave

And

POST https://api.refinitiv.com/messenger/beta1/managed_chatrooms/{chatroomId}/leave

Based on your chatroom type

Request Header:

Authorization: Bearer <STS Token>

Request Body:

No request body required.

You can find more detail about a leave a chatroom API call from the Messenger Bot API Documentation page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Wasin,

Thanks!

I am aware of this method though, and I have tried this method before. What it does is to 'grey out' the bot so that it is no longer active in the chatroom. See screenshot:

refinitiv-chatbot.jpg

What I'm looking for is to remove the chatbot entirely from the chatroom.

Is it possible to do it via some bot API method? (something like 'kick' / 'remove' and not the leave_chatroom method)

Thanks and regards,
Keng Onn

Hello @kengonn.wong

I checked the API document. I cannot find the other methods to leave the chatroom.

Let me check with the Messenger Bot team and get back to you.

Hi Wasin, appreciate your help, thanks so much!

Same as you, I couldn't find other methods to leave the chatroom too. "Kick" / "Remove" are options that we can select in Refinitiv chatroom but not mentioned in the bot API > <.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

To permanently remove the Refinitiv Messenger chatbot from chatrooms, you can try the following steps:

Access the chatrooms where the bot was added.

Use the appropriate commands or interface to remove the bot from each chatroom.

Once removed, the bot should no longer appear when calling the list_chatrooms method in the bot API.

https://api.refinitiv.com/messenger/beta1/chatrooms/{chatroomId}/leave omegle

Best regards,

Keng Onn

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @mariakenneth147 , I don't have access to the chatrooms where the bot was added. What worked for me in the end was the /remove command, not /leave.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.