For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Python WebSocket Auto-Reconnection After Login Failure

I keep getting disconnected from the WebSocket server due to login failures, and I need a solution to automatically reconnect and retry the login when this happens to maintain a stable connection. Have anyone experienced this before?

#technologywebsockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.1k 57 17 14

Hello @AmeliaCatherine

### Reconnection ###

There is the reconnection logic example available on the market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py example as follows:

def _on_close(self, ws, close_status_code, close_msg):
    """ Called when websocket is closed """
    self.web_socket_open = False
    self.logged_in = False
    print("WebSocket Closed for " + self.session_name)

if not self.disconnected:
        print("Reconnect to the endpoint for " + self.session_name + " after 3 seconds... ")
        time.sleep(3)
        self.connect()

However, the example is for illustrative purposes only, as mentioned in the disclaimer.

#!/usr/bin/env python
# |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# |            This source code is provided under the Apache 2.0 license      --
# |  and is provided AS IS with no warranty or guarantee of fit for purpose.  --
# |                See the project's LICENSE.md for details.                  --
# |            Copyright (C) 2018-2021 Refinitiv. All rights reserved.        --
# |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

### login failures ###

Can you give me more detail about the login failures issue?

• The login request and response error messages
  • Are you connecting to deployed ADS or RTO (on the cloud)?
  • Can you replicate the issue on demand?
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.