Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

How can i download curve points historical data with eikon API in python?

Hi,

I'm trying to use eikon.get_data() in python for downloading historical data of curve points. RICs examples: "AAAUSDD10Y=", "BBBUSDD5Y=","MEXICOUSDG4Y".

I have tried different field names but can't get historical data. Which ones should I use?

Or even if there is a way to download the hole curve using python with the curve's RIC like "0#AAAUSDDBM=K" or "BBBUSDDBMK=" it would be a great help.

eikon-data-api#product#contentpython apiDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @carruiz ,

Is the following getting you the data you are after?

rd.get_history(
    universe=["AAAUSDD10Y=", "BBBUSDD5Y=","MEXICOUSDG4Y"],
    start="2023-09-01",
    end="2023-09-28",
    interval='hourly') # 'daily'

1695908131212.png

1695908131212.png (75.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

Thank you very much, it was so helpful but i have a question:

How cain i get the historical midyield or close yield of this points? What's the correct field for this, i can't find it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @carruiz ,

To find the fields you are after, I would advise using the DIB. Please do let me know (via a comment below) if you find the fields you are after there.

Failing that, please note that this Developer Q&A Forum is for technical questions about LSEG's tech stack. (specifically its APIs). for content questions such as yours here, plese reach out to my.refinitiv.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.