question

Upvotes
21 0 0 1

RDDC Questionnaire Response API multiselect option - use optionID or value?

If a question is Boolean, Singleselect, or multiselect, the answers value is the optionID for that value so that if a question is singleselect and the choices are

"options": [{
                                "optionId": "OID00000001",
                                "value": "APAC"
                            }, {
                                "optionId": "OID00000002",
                                "value": "EMEA"

Then in the POST Receive Questionnaire Response, the “answers” should be

{OID00000001} 

and not

{APAC}

And

If a question is multiselect and the choices are countries, then the “answers”:

[“optionID#1”, “optionID#2”, “optionID#3”],

Is this correct?

#productapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
21 0 0 1

@Tisana.Roongsawang @Rellmon kindly answer for the specific case - multi-select with countries as option.

First, I assumed that following:

The questionnaire items is mapped to a Custom Field XYZ. The Custom Field, in turn, is a multi-select field mapped to the Country Value management.

RDDC currently does not have a Third-Party multi-select country field, thus I assumed this is a custom field.

The only other alternative configuration is if the Questionnaire Set-up multi-select options - the country is manually and not mapped to the Country list in value management. In which case, the answer would be for any generic multi-select option.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@JohnPaul.Fajardo ,

My specific questionnaire imported the countries list as a bulk choice and not as a country list from value management. Based on your response then, the generic multi-select option would be used, which is

[“optionID#1”, “optionID#2”, “optionID#3”],

My follow up question then is if I were to use a custom field mapped to a list in value management, such as Country value or region value, how would your answer change for a singleselect or multiselect question? This includes enhancedtextentryplus questions that ask for country. Will the answers:"xxx" field be populated with iso alpha-2 codes or country name strings?

@Eddy-hellothere @JohnPaul.Fajardo Both cases, simple Singleselect and Singleselect with countries, must use optionId. If the user uses a country code or a string, it will not pass validation as indicated in the response below.

Code

{
    "message": "Bad Request",
    "errors": [
        {
            "tabId": "tab-1699001701260",
            "questionId": "QID1699002021186",
            "answers": "AFG",
            "message": "The response is invalid."
        }
    ]
}

String

{
    "message": "Bad Request",
    "errors": [
        {
            "tabId": "tab-1699001701260",
            "questionId": "QID1699002021186",
            "answers": "Afghanistan",
            "message": "The response is invalid."
        }
    ]
}
Only in the case of the country in enhancedtextentryplus questions, the user should use the ISO-2 ("answers": ["US"]).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.