Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

How to solve Error python error 404 error

Hi, i'm unable to access the Eikon data API, i get the following :

HTTP request failed: EikonError-Client Error: <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <title>Error</title> </head> <body> <pre>Cannot POST /api/v1/data</pre> </body> </html>

Already tried every single solution discussed in related threads, still no results

eikon-data-api#technologypython apierror-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
14.3k 30 5 10

Hi @mobouchard ,

I've checked your Eikon variant and found that it's Eikon - Exchange Pricing,This Eikon tier does not include Eikon Data API (Python) feature.

Please contact your account manager to discuss the product tier.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.3k 18 6 9

@mobouchard what version of the library are you using? - I suggest you download the latest RD library package:

pip install refinitiv-data

also please downgrade httpx package to say 19.x - not sure which version of python you are running (maybe you have a brand new install with a much more current version).

then in a notebook:

import refinitiv.data.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('YOUR API KEY HERE')
df,err = ek.get_data('VOD.L',['TR.CommonName'])
df

Pls see if this works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi,

I'm using python 3.11,

i've tried refinitiv-data as well as downgrading my httpx, i get the exact same error code.

is there any way i could get some live support to figure a way out of this?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.