question

Upvotes
Accepted
41 2 2 10

Tick History get Market Maker and Market by Order Data

Hi,

I am trying to use DataScope REST API to retrieve Market Maker and Market by Order data via Tick History. I tried both `TickHistoryMarketDepthExtractionRequest` as well as `TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest` templates, but both fail to expand to any RICs.

Request URL: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw

Bodies of POST requests:

Market Depth:

{"ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryMarketDepthExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [],
    "IdentifierList": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
        "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
            {"Identifier": "CLJ24",
             "IdentifierType": "Ric"}
        ]
    },
    "Condition": {
        "View": "RawMarketMaker",
        "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
        "QueryStartDate": "2024-01-03T14:30:00Z",
        "QueryEndDate": "2024-01-03T14:31:00Z"
    }
}
}

Raw:

{"ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [],
    "IdentifierList": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
        "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
            {"Identifier": "CLJ24",
             "IdentifierType": "Ric"}
        ]
    },
    "Condition": {
        "DomainCode": "MarketMaker",
        "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
        "QueryStartDate": "2024-01-03T14:30:00Z",
        "QueryEndDate": "2024-01-03T14:31:00Z"
    }
}
}

Both of these (as well as their respective requests for Market by Order data) return:

{'@odata.context': 'https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#RawExtractionResults/$entity', 
'JobId': '___', 
'Notes': [... Schedule Time: 01/10/2024 22:57:14Processing started at 01/10/2024 22:57:14Processing completed successfully at 01/10/2024 22:57:15Extraction finished at 01/10/2024 22:57:15 UTC, with servers: xc71akwaQ08Instrument <RIC,CLJ24> expanded to 0 RICS.Report suppressed because there are no instruments']}

Both of these templates work fine when requesting Market by Price data.

Thanks!

dss-rest-apidatascope-select#producttick-history-rest-apitick-datamarket-depthmarket-by-ordermarket-maker
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@jacktan

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked and found that this RIC (CLJ24) only supports Market Price and Market By Price domain.

This is a reason why the raw Market By Order and Market Market data is not available for this RIC.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
41 2 2 10

Thanks! @Jirapongse

Is there a way for me to check which data domains are available for a given RIC? Ideally via the REST API

icon clock
10 |1500

@jacktan

I can't find this information in the Tick History API. You may contact the Tick History support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm it.

Got it. Thanks!

Upvotes
41 2 2 10

Just following up @Jirapongse. Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.