Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Earnings calendar in Excel using the Eikon API

Greetings, I am looking to create an earnings calendar on Excel for S&P 500, Nasdaq and Stoxx 600 data through API Data. I tried with CodeCreator to obtain data for Tesla and Apple as a test:

1705680200156.png

But Tesla expected earnings date seems to be wrong?
Also, is it possible to add multiple RIC to the CreatorCode?

Thanks,

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspace#technologycalendar
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14.3k 30 5 10

Hi @gary.christie ,

Using Data Item Browser application, available value of each parameter can be found in Parameters tab as below

1706526590823.png

Here I apply the event type parameter into the Python script, also you can put the start date and end date of the data you're interested in the parameters as well

df = rd.get_data(
    universe = [
        'AAPL.O',
        'TSLA.O'
    ],
    fields = [
        'CF_NAME',
        'TR.EventStartDate',
        'TR.EventType',
        'TR.EventTitle',
        'TR.EventStartTime'
    ],
    parameters = {'EventTyps': 'RES', 'SDate': '2024-01-01', 'EDate': '2024-05-01'}
)

display(df)

1706526590823.png (119.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
14.3k 30 5 10

Hi @gary.christie ,

Using the Data Item Browser, the same result of Expected report date is shown there as well.1705904552855.png

As this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products, such as the field name to be used or content clarification. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv and the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this.

Regarding how to add multiple RICs into Code Creator, each RIC can be added one by one into the Search Instrument box. However, if you would like to add multiple RICs at once, you can also copy the code generated from the Code Creator and add multiple RICs into the code directly with the syntax below

universe = [ 'RIC1', RIC2', 'RIC3', 'RIC4']

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1705904552855.png (83.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for your answer,

I've found this with the CodeCreator:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
df = rd.get_data(
    universe = [
        'AAPL.O',
        'TSLA.O'
    ],
    fields = [
        'CF_NAME',
        'TR.EventStartDate',
        'TR.EventType',
        'TR.EventTitle',
        'TR.EventStartTime'
    ]
)

display(df)

And I got this answer:

1706085268529.png

How do I specify that I only want to get the Event Type "EarningsReleases"?

Also, I just want the next day's data?

Thanks,

1706085268529.png (79.4 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.