Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Using Multiple eikon Api key

I am using multiple API key (which were generated by API key Generator in the refinitv eikon Desktop) .
I have Suppose four API keys each API key associated with different account and each account logged on different PC. I am trying to use all the four API keys to get the data from eikon data API but on single PC . So as it documented in your website each has a limit of 10000 requests per user per day . So is it possible that i can get 40000 in this case requests per day . Considering that using multiple keys (each linked with different account)

eikon-data-api#productapi-limitsnews-filter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.5k 59 14 21

Hi @rishav.jindal,

I don't think the API limits are on the per key basis. The key is a unique way for us a identify the offending app and apprise the user to re-look at the amount of data they are retrieving before we turn it off. Nothing stops a single user from creating dozen keys and using it in round robin. The data limits are enforced on per Eikon/Workspace instance basis.

Summary: Using multiple keys will not allow you to get past the data limits. If you have the need to get a lot of data, then please speak with your account manager about using an enterprise product like Data Platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

But if the API keys are from diffrent accounts than also ?
As far as I know, the API keys are only for application trackings. The limitations should link to your Eikon/Workspace or Refinitiv Data Platform accounts.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.