Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

API Python Importing News Text in bulk

API Python If APPKEY is generated, does it mean I can connect to Eikon via my own Python/Anaconda environment without having to use Codebook? Could you provide a sample script to retrieve the news date, news title, news content, as well as news publisher, of Singapore financial news (news code SG AND GLOFIN) for the last 3 yrs? I checked out help(ek.get_news_story()) and it does not seem to suggest much information. Could you advise where to look for available data items/data points for use in Codebook/Python?

#productpython apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.3k 18 6 9

@ethellove.cacho Yes they can also use our APIs outside of the Codebook environment. I think you should use the strategic Data Libraries which you can access with Eikon/WS. The Eikon Data API is a feature complete, slightly older API that is included for backward compatibility. We have a number of newer services on the Data Platform that you can access as a desktop users that are better than the Eikon Data API counterparts.

Regarding News - please see my article here - also please see my latest news notebook inside Codebook using the Data Library in Python - this also contains details about getting news metadata such as topic codes etc. (it will work outside of codebook as well) :

1707225579632.png

I hope this can help you.

1707225579632.png (420.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.