question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 1

Problems with cMake installingRTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg on RHEL 8.8

RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_without_debug_log.txtRTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_yum_redhat-lsb-core.txtHello,

I am facing issues trying to get the RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg package installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.8 (Ootpa). I tried two separate cMake commands options. Please advise.

Thank you

1) I installed the redhat-lsb-core package. Text at bottom. Only allowed 2 attachments.

2) I ran the cmake command below and it failed shortly. Logfile: RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_log.txt

[radmin@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/RTSDK/Cpp-C/Ema]$ cmake -H./ -B../../buildDir

3) I then ran the cmake command and it failed also. Logfile: RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_without_debug_log.txt

[radmin@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg]$ cmake -H./ -B../../buildDir -DRTSDK_OPT_BUILD_ETA_EMA_LIBRARIES:BOOL=ONRTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg_cmake_log.txt

------

Script started on 2024-02-19 15:08:40-05:00

]0;root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg[root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg]$ yum install redhat-lsb-core

Updating Subscription Management repositories.

Last metadata expiration check: 1:59:43 ago on Mon 19 Feb 2024 01:09:12 PM EST.

Package redhat-lsb-core-4.1-47.el8.x86_64 is already installed.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

]0;root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg[root@e3xmds25:/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg]$ exit

Script done on 2024-02-19 15:09:02-05:00

#technologyema-apic++redhat-enterprise-linuxcmake
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.8k 257 52 74

@evan.el-amin

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I tested it in docker image: redhat/ubi8 and I can run cmake properly.

The attached file shows the following errors:

[31mCMake Error at Cpp-C/Ema/Src/Access/CMakeLists.txt:468 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties called with incorrect number of arguments.

[0m
[31mCMake Error at Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/CMakeLists.txt:70 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/NiProvider/doo

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

[0m
[31mCMake Error at Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/CMakeLists.txt:70 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/NiProvider/doo/CMakeFiles/3.26.5

I am not sure what is the doo directory in /opt/refinitiv/SOFTWARE/RTSDK-2.1.3.E1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/NiProvider.

Did you change something in the package? Please re-run it with the original files and directories from the RTSDK package. .

The client can run the following command to collect the trace log.

cmake ../ -DRTSDK_OPT_BUILD_ETA_EMA_LIBRARIES:BOOL=ON --trace-expand >> output_file.txt 2>&1

Then, please share the output_file.txt.

Otherwise, if the client is an RDC contact, the client can contact the API support team directly via Contact Premium Support to investigate this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 0 1

output_file.zip

script_rtsdk_cpp-C_out.zipHi ,Jirapongse,

Thanks for the clarification. I believe that stray directory must have been a typo when the first install did not go well. I started fresh, then ran your command and produced the output_file.txt. I also scripted my re-install & a successful compile of Consumer / 100_MP_Streaming.

For me this issue is resolved. Thank you for assistance to get this resolved quickly.

-E

icon clock
10 |1500

@evan.el-amin

Thank you for the update.

You are correct. It looks okay now.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.