Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 2 1 4

Expired Equity RICS download

Hi i am trying to download the OHLCV data of the following expired RICS

TWTR.N^J22 (expired)

NLSN.N^J22 (expired)

Right now it is all just NA, can you help me please.

I am using the ek.get_data function. Is there a problem with the RICs

eikon-data-apipythonworkspace#technology#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ken03, May I ask if the comment below answers your question?

If so, would you be so kind as to indicate it with the 'Accept' bouton to the left of the answer, if appropriate?

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @ken03 ,

Could it be because the data requested is when the RIC is already expired? Can you tried specified the start and end date range with the get_timeseries function as below

ek.get_timeseries(['TWTR.N^J22','NLSN.N^J22'],
                  start_date='2020-01-01', 
                  end_date='2022-01-01')

1711959369617.png

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1711959369617.png (45.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
19 2 1 4

Hi Raksina,

Does that mean that once the ric is expired the data cannot be requested for that time period and it would cause a backend 400 error?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ken03 ,

After the expiry, you would still be able to get the data by using the expiry RICs and providing the daterange parameters as suggested by my colleague above. If you have a specific example which causes an issue, feel free to post it here and we will look into it.

Best regards,

Haykaz

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.