Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

python refinitiv.dataplatform module - configuration issue

I am trying to upgrade the refinitiv-dataplatform from 1.0.0a0 to 1.0.0a21. I have encountered a KeyError on config-change-notifications-enabled which is similar with one(https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/96904/refinitivdata-module-python.html)

I see there is a file named rdplibconfig.default.json under \Lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform which contain the config 'config-change-notifications-enabled'. But somehow the program failed to read it and still returns the error as shown below:

File "refinitiv\dataplatform\_external_libraries\python_configuration\configuration.py", line 155, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'config-change-notifications-enabled'

I also tried something like os.environ["RD_LIB_CONFIG_PATH"] = "./", but no lucky.

python#technologypython apiconfiguration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.1k 57 17 14

Hello @hongwaiwong

The library on the refinitiv.data module (python) old post is the strategic Data Library for Python (PyPI: refinitiv-data), not the refinitiv-data-platform (PyPI: refinitiv-dataplatform).

I strongly suggest you migrate to the Data Library for Python instead. It is the replacement for the refinitiv-data-platform which contains new features (file configuration, support more endpoints, etc.), bug fixed. You can find more detail about the Data Library for Python from the following resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.