question

Upvotes
1 1 3 5

RDP API Error

Hi,

While using RDP API,

get_dtd = rd.get_data(

universe= ["ACERLNGBM"],

fields= ["TRDPRC_1", "INST_DESC", "HST_CLOSE"])

I am getting the attached error. I am using a platform session. Please help me to fix this ASAP.

Thanks,

Sree

#technologyrdp-apirefinitiv-data-libraries
ws-error.png (23.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sreedhanya.kavunkara,

Thank you for sharing the error code `Error code -1 | Cannot delete stream connection, because it is using (content_type=ContentType.STREAMING_PRICING`. It suggests that the issue comes from the loggin method, the 'Platform Session' method in this case. May I ask: How do you authenticate yourself to the LSEG service? Via a piece of code like `rd.open_sessin()` ?

@sreedhanya.kavunkara

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply, and then close the question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
1 1 3 5

Yes. I am using rd.open_session(). We wanted to use RDP API for a part of prodduction process. As I pinged you in chat, we have a few more questions. I can explain you the business case and you can help us with how to get it going..

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 3 5

Can you please suggest how can I resolve this issue. I prefer to use the 'Platform' session itself.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.4k 253 52 74

@sreedhanya.kavunkara

To verify the problem, you need to enable logging in the library by using the following code.

config = rd.get_config()
config.set_param("logs.transports.file.enabled", True)
config.set_param("logs.transports.file.name", "refinitiv-data-lib.log")
config.set_param("logs.level", "debug")
rd.open_session()
rd.get_data(universe= ["ACERLNGBM"],fields= ["TRDPRC_1", "INST_DESC", "HST_CLOSE"])

Then, the refinitiv-data-lib.log file will be created. Please share this log file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.