Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 3

python syntax to get changed RIC

Hello everyone,

I recently faced the RIC changed issue, some companies changed their ticker symbol which leads my data retrieval and maintenance get in trouble. I'm seeking assistance in obtaining a list of RIC changes, such as FB.OQ --> META.OQ on June 9, 2022

KERN.OQ --> GRYP.OQ on Feb 2024

SASI.OQ --> NTRP.OQ on 13 MAR 2024

If anyone could kindly provide me with the Python syntax to address this using the Eikon API, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my working environment:

1) Eikon API

2) Pyhon

3) Macbook Pro

Any advice or guidance would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance! :)

eikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace#technologypython apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @st.lee0166,

Thank you for your participation in the Forum. Would you mind letting us know which of the comments below answered your question, if any? Kind Regards, AHS.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @st.lee0166,

In this case, please use PermIDs, they were created to withstand such changes. You can find out more about them on the DIB:

1713266360712.png

There are several types as you can see, let us know if any of them fulfil your request.

1713266360712.png (90.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 1 0 3

Hi @jonathan.legrand ,

Thank you so much for your reply :D

Let me confirm if my thinking is right, so this PermID keeps following with the company even it has changed its RIC, right? say FB.OQ and META.OQ get the same PermID?

Thanks again for your help :)

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @st.lee0166,

Yes, that is my understanding. You can find out more here: PermID

Upvotes
7 1 0 3

Hi @jonathan.legrand ,

Many thanks for your reply :)

The PermID is quite helpful, but when I insert the PermID, it only shows the latest RIC, such as META.OQ. Is there any method to obtain the historical list of RIC changes? For example, if I insert 4297297477, could I receive a list including FB.OQ, META.OQ, and their respective rename dates?

thank you again :)

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @st.lee0166, Would you mind asking on my.refinitiv.com? This LSEG Developer Q&A Forum is for technical LSEG API questions only, and content questions like yours may best be answered on my.refinitiv.com.
got it~ thank you Jonathan, have passed my query on my refinitiv :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.