Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

How can I pull "Private Equity/VC" data from the SCREENER app using the Eikon API?

I would like to pull data from the SCREENER App on Private Equity/VC using the Eikon API.

In WorkSpace I do this by opening the SCREENER app, setting "Universe" to "Private Equity/VC" and then setting any other filters I need.

Based off this documentation of how to use the API to pull data from the SCREENER App, it appears that I should be able to run the Excel plugin to define screener syntax. However, when I run the SCREENER app in the Excel Plug in, the button "Export All as Formulas" is grayed out, preventing me from getting the code to pull the Private Equity/VC data from the API.

I'd assume the code would look somethng like this:

syntax = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), TR.CompanyMarketCap>=5000000000, IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"XNYS"), IN(TR.TRBCBusinessSectorCode,"5010","5020","5030"), TR.TotalReturn3Mo>=15, CURN=USD)'

Where the text "active, public, primary" would be replaced with something like "privateequity". However, i can't find any documentation or information on how to use the SCREENER for Private Equity/VC in either the Excel plugin or the API.

This post from five years ago has a similar question, but the answer is inconclusive about whether pulling "Private Equity/VC" data from the SCREENER app is possible in the API.

Is it possible to pull "Private Equity/VC" data from the SCREENER app in the API? Where could I find more documentation on this?

eikon-data-apipythonworkspaceworkspace-data-api#technologyapicodebookscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @DMangoubi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
79.3k 252 52 74

@DMangoubi

Thank for reaching out to us.

If the button "Export All as Formulas" is grayed out, it could have some restrictions to generate formulas for the "Private Equity/VC".

Please contact the helpdesk team via MyRefinitiv to check why the button is grayed out.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.