question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Getting SSL error while running OpenPermID library in python

I tried running the following command but got the error:

output,err = opid.lookup("1-4295880893", orient="row", format='dataframe')

err

requests.exceptions.SSLError(urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='permid.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1-4295880893?format=json-ld&access-token=wUJpJlRwrmXbf4qWe25XFuBtB0GDWPjr (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)')))"))
#technologyopen-permid-apisymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @arun.mani

Please be informed that the question has been moved to the OpenPermID forum.

@arun.mani

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply, and then close the question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
22.2k 59 14 21

Hi @arun.mani,

What product or service are you using? Can you please provide a link to this OpenPermID library that you are using.

In general, when Python requests module has SSL error, it is either because:

1. The Python instance and requests module is old and does not have latest certificate store.

2. You app is behind a firewall which is re-signing the SSL requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello Gurpreet!

Thanks for the response, I am currently using OpenPermID python library:Introduction to the Open PermID Python library | Devportal (lseg.com)

I am running this from my company's network. Just wanted to know what the certificate's are required to run this in my employer's environment. It gives accurate results when I run the command on my personal system.

@arun.mani

The error indicates the connection was blocked by your company's network policies.

You need to contact your company's network team to unblock the connection.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.